Monday, November 25, 2013

Meet the Choreographers!

Alyssa Berube

I am a junior dance and arts management major. I began with a completely different idea and style than what I am working with right now. For the first few weeks I was experimenting with material but it just didn’t feel right. I made the leap and decided to scrap what I had and start over with a completely different idea. It was the best decision for me! My piece is now modern in style and about being one with nature and enjoying the fantastic, brigh colored fall leaves! It’s joyful!

Maggie Zoeller

I am a junior dance major and I am choreographing a contemporary jazz piece. My idea is the way a painting draws in a viewer and how it affects the viewer emotionally. Every individual in my cast is very unique physically and emotionally. Having such a diverse cast helps my piece portray the personal view an individual has towards a painting. The dancers represent a group of people viewing a painting. The dancers are expressing how it makes each of them feel when observing it and what is would be like to become the painting.My approach is to express the meaning behind a painting and making it come to life. It is a challenging process but having such an inspiring cast and creative minds has truly benefited me and helped my vision come to life. The Painting that inspired my work “Woman With A Red Dress”- Tom Benkendorff. I am truly blessed to be working with such inspiring dance artists. I have enjoyed every second I have had with my dancers and have learned so much from each once of them. We have become a family in the process. What has made this experience so special with these dancers is their great interest in the background of the piece and passion for the quality of movement we are expressing. I am stoked to see where this piece takes my cast and I and can’t wait to share my work.
 
Emilee Morton

I am a senior with majors in dance and arts management. My contemporary piece is about the struggle to find happiness when people work too hard trying to be something other than themselves.I have been trying to create as much material as possible and doing a lot of experimenting with my dancers. Now all I have to do is organize and compose my material to create the dance.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment